Breakfast service has resumed
(Updated as of July 2022)
We have resumed serving breakfast! We appreciate everyone’s understanding in the event that this changes in the future.
Please make reservations if visiting Yosemite National Park
Reservations are limited still at the park and we are just as unhappy as you when we hear you’ve been turned away! 🙁 Unfortunately if you do not have a reservation, you will likely be turned away from the park. Visitors are unable to wait in line to enter without a reservation – you might be cited for blocking traffic if you try to get in and you don’t have a reservation. It’s only $2 plus the admission fee.
We are currently open!
(Updated as of July 2021)
Our continental breakfast continues to be suspended. We appreciate your understanding and kindness as we work to create a safe and enjoyable experience during your visit!
We request that guests follow guidance outlined by the state of California as it pertains to masking up and social distancing. These requirements may change with little notice and we appreciate your patience and understanding!
(Updated as of April 2021)
AS OF May 21, 2021: Yosemite National Park is requiring reservations made in advance prior to visiting.
Visit their reservations page to reserve your spot after you book a room!
(Updated as of Spring 2020)
The Berkshire Inn is now reopening under the Resilience Roadmap outlined by the state of California. We are excited to welcome guests back into our business, but like other businesses across the state and the country, we have had to make some changes to ensure everyone stays safe and healthy. This includes (but is not limited to) the following implementations:
- We are suspending our breakfast service indefinitely
- We are regularly disinfecting all surfaces in common and high traffic areas
- Stayover service has been suspended, however fresh linens are always available upon request
- Common areas are open. Social distancing (6ft apart) must be observed in common areas
- Please wear face masks while in common areas if you have them
- We respectfully ask that if you are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 or if you have been exposed to someone recently who was diagnosed with COVID-19 that you stay home and visit us once you are well again!
We look forward to welcoming you to our Inn, please contact us if you have any additional questions.